Position: Technology and Information Coordinator, Japan Information Center, Consulate General of Japan at Chicago
For anyone in Chicago or looking to make the move…
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Japan Information Center
1) Edit and manage all content on the Consulate’s English website
2) Write, edit, and publish a monthly e-mail newsletter detailing Japan-related events in the Consulate’s 10-state jurisdiction
3) Coordinate the Consulate’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
4) Assist organizing cultural events and Japan-related presentations to local schools
5) Draft speeches/remarks for Consul General and other staff
6) General office responsibilities, including assisting for conferences/receptions and supporting other staff members as need arises
1) US citizen or permanent residency holder (working permit holder)
2) Majoring in information processing or related area will be highly desirable.
3) Excellent communications and writing skills
4) Strong computer skills (database knowledge is preferred)
English and Japanese is the working language in Japan Information Center. Fluency in oral and written English is required. Good working knowledge of Japanese is preferable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 18, 2013 to:
Consulate General of Japan
Japan Information Center
Attn: Mr. Yasuhiko Kamada
737 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
If necessary, in-person interviews would be held for the shortlisted applicants in late January at the Consulate. If you have any questions please send an e-mail to jicsaiyo at gmail dot com. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.