The Red Sox are looking to grow their staff of Japanese-speaking tour guides given the demand for their business in the market. They are seeking candidates who are bilingual in Japanese and English and who have a penchant for public speaking in front of large groups. This is a part time role with an hourly pay rate of $10/hr. There are no benefits associated with this position.
JOB TITLE: Fenway Park Tour Guide
REPORTS TO: Director, Fenway Park Tours and Event Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
Fenway Park Tour Guides are responsible for leading tours of historic Fenway Park. Tours operate seven days a week, 9 a.m. — 6 p.m. with extended hours during the holiday season.
• Responsible for providing approximately one-hour long tours of Fenway Park.
• Work various tour customer information locations within and around the ballpark.
• Answer inbound calls to Tour department.
• Respond to e-mail and voicemail inquiries about the Tour department.
• Assist in booking Group Tour reservations.
• Assist with other administrative duties as they arise.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have experience in speaking to large groups.
• Must exhibit an enthusiastic and engaging demeanor.
• Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
• Professional in appearance and conduct.
• Expected to multi-task and retain information quickly.
• Weekend, evening and holiday availability is required.
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to hr [at] redsox [dot] com.