Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies
Coordinator (Grade 54)
Duties & Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Coordinator works in close cooperation with the Institute staff.
- The primary responsibility is Student Services: assists in selection, placement, and orientation of student interns, summer school students, and other students going to Japan, including info sessions, application processing, release forms and waivers, and some correspondence.
- In addition, this position is responsible for office coordination: Orders and maintains office supplies and manages student workers. Arranges orientations for visiting scholars and postdoctoral fellows, and guides them to appropriate resources.
- Coordinating Events: Assists with scheduling, planning, and advertising events (sometimes via social media); coordinates venues, catering, and meeting materials. Attends Center events (including some evening events); handles logistics and ensures the success of the operation.
- Limited (4 hours/week) staff support for faculty.
- Front-line responsibilities required. Knowledge of Japan and Japanese language a plus. Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications: 3 years experience, advanced education may count towards experience. Additional Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of Japan and Japanese language preferred.
Applications may be submitted through Harvard’s Aspire system. The job Req ID is 35931BR.