The Japanese Women’s Leadership Initiative (JWLI) is a project within the Fish Family Foundation and empowers Japanese women to become leaders and to make positive social change and innovation in Japan. Founded in 2006, JWLI has provides Japanese women leaders with Boston-based four-week leadership development training for 10 years. In its eleventh year, JWLI-II is being launched this fall. We seek a selfstarting, passionate part-time Assistant who will play a crucial role in the launch of JWLI-II. This position is paid and reports to the Foundation’s Program Manager.
Communication and Website:
• Be a primary writer/editor for our website and program brochures in English and Japanese,
keeping it current, relevant and engaging to increase email subscribers, boost online engagement
and recruit potential applicants
Launch of New Fall and Spring Programs:
• Provide logistical and administrative support to the Fall and Spring programs, especially in the
aspects of the Host Organizations, and housing.
• Assist in maintaining a project timeline for 2017 and 2018
• Update program materials (activity calendar, booklets, etc.)
• Assist in identifying and selecting new Host Organizations
Social Network Engagement:
• Manage our social network outlets, and actively search for and draft contents from the alumnae
• Translate materials between Japanese and English
•Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
•Knowledge in Japanese and the Japanese culture is a plus
•Passion for women’s empowerment and social change in Japan and the U.S.
•Knowledge and/or past experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is a plus</lp
•Office located downtown Boston
Applicants should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com