In town for the Boston Career Forum? The New England JET Alumni Association has three great opportunities for visiting JET alums and Friends of JET:
1) We will hold a networking social on Saturday, November 19th at Cornwall’s Pub from 6:30. Great opportunity to have fun and exchange job-search tips.
2) We will have a Nihongo-dake dinner at Ittoku in Brighton from 5:30 on Sunday, November 20th
3) Don’t have a place to stay yet, or willing to host a visiting JET? Our association is working with its members to provide free tatami time share opportunities for visiting JETs.
To register for any of the above, please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/
Press Release from Catherine Rackley (Chiba-ken 2005-2006), DISCO International inc:
This is a reminder that JET alumni with at least conversational Japanese language ability are invited to the Boston Career Forum 2016 November 18-20.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about participating companies, submit resumes, interview, and even receive offers of employment during the three-day event.
You are free to attend one, two, or all three days.
– Boston Career Forum 2016 —–
November 18-20 (Fri.-Sun.)
Currently 210 companies participating including:
BLOOMBERG, FUJI TELEVISION NETWORK, GOLDMAN SACHS, JAPAN AIRLINES, MICROSOFT, SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION, TWITTER JAPAN, and many more
Register and begin applying to companies here: http://
*There is no cost to register for or attend Career Forums.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact JET alum, Catherine Rackley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you in Boston!
JET alumni with at least conversational Japanese language ability are welcome to attend the U.S. Career Forum to explore career options and even land a job at the event.
32 companies have already signed up including ACTUS CONSULTING (Recruiting Agency), AMAZON WEB SERVICES, APPLE, IACE TRAVEL, MIZUHO BANK, NOMURA RESEARCH INSTITUTE AMERICA, SYSCOM, Y’S PUBLISHING, and many more.
All companies are hiring for domestic positions.
— U.S. CAREER FORUM —
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Javits Center, Hall 1E
655 W 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
* Participating is FREE, and attendance support of up to $350 is available. Apply by March 23.
The U.S. Career Forum is for anyone who:
- possesses a minimum of conversational ability in both Japanese and English
- possesses legal permission to work in the U.S.
- is looking for a full-time or internship position
For online registration and more info regarding the above, please go to:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Catherine Rackley at email@example.com.
We are excited to announce that NEJETAA is partnering with the Japan Society of Boston for our last happy hour of the year. Join us for pints and terrific networking opportunities with JET alumni and the Japan Society of Boston.
Date: 6-8pm, Friday, November 22nd
Location: The Lansdowne. Kenmore Square
Preregistration Entrance Fee:
$10 for JETs/JSB member
$20 for non-members
Now until registration deadline:
Register & Join Japan Society of Boston and get in for FREE.
The entrance fee includes light appetizers. Cash bar.
The registration deadline is noon on Wednesday, November 20th.
vicepres at nejetaa dot com