Opening for a Japanese Speaking Program Coordinator – Adz Group
Are you a take-charge professional who has a love for special event/program coordination and likes to have fun? Are you a multi-tasker extraordinaire? Are you interested in education and having an impact on students? Are you interested in learning about new cultures? Are you looking to work for a growing business with exciting potential? Are you looking for a flexible work environment where you can work from home? Then Adz Group wants you!
With oversight and direction from the Program Manager and Adz Group Founder, the full-time Program Coordinator is responsible for program itinerary planning; logistics coordination, selection of activities (restaurants, community service, company visits and cultural activities etc.); lodging selection and pricing negotiation; transportation arrangements; program material preparation.
In addition, you will support our Trip Leader(s) to guide a group of Japanese high school or university-aged students around Boston (and sometimes Orlando and Washington D.C.) during our Future Global Leaders (FGLP) programs. Occasionally, you will be asked to stay onsite with the group (hotel, university dorm, hostel) but you will always be expected to join the groups at breakfast each day and spend the day with them through dinner/evening activities. We typically run approximately 10-12, one-week programs in a given year.
This position will require you to help ensure that the participants have a fun, safe and rewarding time. As part of that, you will follow the Program itinerary; lead student discussions; be a mentor to students; and coordinate with the other adult Trip Leader(s) as appropriate. You will have some responsibility for the overall Program execution, the quality of the Program and students’ satisfaction.
- Located in metro-Boston area (i.e. able to commute into Boston for programs on your own)
- Willing to work from home (when programs are not in session)
- Availability for full-time and ability to occasionally work nights and weekends during programs
- Conversational level skills in Japanese and English, with ability to provide translation; Good understanding of Japanese and American culture
- High level of energy
- Must be proactive and able to work independently – able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, proof-reading, and speaking
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google applications and web searches
- Bachelor’s degree – any concentration; though Japanese/Asian studies or International Education Studies are a bonus
- Previous work experience in a professional environment is preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation for this position ranges depending upon your skills and experience.
This position would begin ASAP full time and we will review applications in the order they are received. Please submit cover letter and resume to staff [at] adzgroup [dot] net
About Adz Group:
Based in greater Boston, Massachusetts Adz Group is a pioneer in the area of international educational travel. The company provides participants with unique opportunities to not just learn about, but to truly experience other cultures so as to enrich them for life. We offer cultural immersion experiences to help develop participants into more globally conscious individuals by showing them how others think, live and act. Our Programs are full immersion experiences, well beyond a tour or typical educational trip. We push participants to explore their boundaries and challenge them to open their minds to entirely different approaches. Please see http://www.adzgroup.net for more.
Future Global Leaders Program (FGLP):
With the rapid progress of globalization, high-school students need to train for the future when they will have to compete internationally. To be successful, students will have to understand how other cultures think and act. Adz Group has created the Future Global Leaders Program to guide high-school and university students from Japan (and possibly other cultures in the future) to be tomorrow’s leaders in the global community. Students come to the US to experience life at world-class American universities from classrooms to sports to student activities. They learn from instructors and meet and share meals with current university students who represent a diversity of views. In addition, students experience American culture including volunteering in local neighborhoods, attending community events and visiting museums. Please see http://www.adzgroup.net for more.
- Maintain office services and efficiency
- Design and implement office policies
- Establish standards and procedures
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Supervise office staff
- Review and approve supply requisitions
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations and groups with regards to operations and other business matters
- Maintain office equipment
- Perform clerical and secretarial functions
- Orient and train employees
- Maintain office records
- Ensure files are maintained and up to date
- Define and implement procedures for record retention
- Ensure protection and security of files and electronic records
- Administer payroll and other accounting functions
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
- Maintain and replenish inventory, determine, administer, and enforce budgets
- Check stock to determine inventory levels
- Anticipate needed supplies
- Verify receipt of supply
- Set up legal/compliance framework for Japan business operations
- Communication with corporate headquarters
- Provide period update on Japan operations to corporate management team
- Communication with customers
- Japanese/English Translation of documents and contracts
- On an as-needed basis, provide support to all pre and post-sales activities
Please send resume/CV to Linda Melchione’s attention: lmelchione [at] bostontechnologies [dot] com
The Account Manager will be responsible for interfacing between each new Client, the Deployment & Configuration Team, and the Business Intelligence Team to improve communications and to assure that specific customer needs are being met. He/she will be the key point of contact during the transition from the day client funds are deposited and actually going “Live”. The account manager looks for ways to improve the client’s satisfaction during this process, helps to solve the client’s business problems and ultimately represents the client internally. While not directly solving product defects or technical support issues, the manager insures that client issues and needs are being handled adequately within Boston Technologies.
- Manage and maintain client relationships from the point of sale onward to ensure specific customer needs are being met.
- Represent client interests in weekly update meetings regarding the status of each account.
- Boost overall efficiency by obtaining customer feedback, identifying process needs and establishing necessary policies and procedures.
- Maintain an open communication with all clients to help recognize needs, determine usage trends, and explore new opportunities in order to propose solutions for their growing business needs.
- Identify business objectives and provide other departments with direction and insight into each client’s specific needs.
- Ability to manage priorities judiciously and independently
- Native Japanese speaker or high level of Japanese fluency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven detail-orientation
- Customer Service experience
- Proficient with MS Office
- Bachelors degree (or in progress) in Finance, Management, Communications, Marketing or related fields.
Ideal Candidate Has:
- A basic understanding of the Foreign Exchange market
- A familiarity with financial trading
- MT4 experience
- Experience working with intricate technology
- Used Salesforce
FX Sales – JAPAN (JAPANESE SPEAKER)
Boston Technologies provides technology and liquidity solutions for banks and brokerages in the foreign exchange, commodities, and futures industries. Our Business Intelligence Specialists are key to cultivating new relationships and maintaining the highest degree of satisfaction for our existing client base.
Day-to-day responsibilities involve:
- Prospecting new clients — Calling on different financial institutions like banks and established brokerages to discuss their current business model and speak with them about needs they have for technology and liquidity.
- After initial consultation, discussing how Boston Technologies could be a fit in their business model to help increase profits and expand growth.
- Upon closing a client: creation of contracts and in-depth negotiations on terms and pricing with C-level executives.
- Calling on live and existing clients to discuss current products and needs for new technology such as liquidity and plug-ins.
- Periodically working with clients to determine their individual needs for product customization and liaising with the engineering team to implement custom solutions.
- Relationship management for live clients — Consulting with them on a wide range of topics such as customer retention, prospecting new clients, and implementing new technology innovations.
- Assisting Boston Technologies with various tasks such as marketing, website development, new lead generation, blog articles for website, product branding, and newsletter creation.
- Seeking a self-starter, able to work well in a team environment and help develop a team structure for incoming sales reps.
- Ability and willingness to quickly grasp information about the foreign exchange market, new technology products and target customers.
- Experience in the FX market.
- MUST BE A NATIVE JAPANESE SPEAKER – OR VERY HIGH DEGREE OF JAPANESE FLUENCY
- Based in Boston – but will consider a great candidate working from another location.
- Total compensation plan $200,000 to $300,000
Please send resume/CV to Linda Melchione’s attention: lmelchione [at] bostontechnologies [dot] com
Coordinator of Student Engagement
Showa Boston is the study-abroad campus of Showa Women’s University in Tokyo, Japan. Our mission is to increase students’ English proficiency, to develop their cross-cultural awareness and to foster their personal growth.
The Coordinator of Student Engagement will be responsible for the development and management of on- and off-campus connections and activities with Boston-area colleges and universities to increase opportunities for Showa Women’s University to engage with American students. The Coordinator will manage on-campus Wellness programming, collaborate with the Student Services team to improve services and programs offered to students, and produce on-campus programs for middle school-aged students.
- Identify key personnel at Boston-area colleges and universities and through one’s existing connections and manage and create partnerships with institutions and opportunities for student engagement.
- Create and manage a series of on and off-campus activities for Showa Boston students to interact with American college students.
- Coordinate and expand existing on-campus clubs and Wellness programs.
- Produce a series of discussions, presentations, and classes.
- Coordinate safety initiatives on campus.
- Chaperone student trips, including overnight/weekends such as the Niagara Falls weekend.
- Assist with other areas of departmental responsibilities as requested.
Position Work Schedule: The usual work schedule is 9 am-5 pm (3 days/week) and, on average, 2 shifts/week from 1 pm to 9 pm. This schedule may change depending on the needs of the students/activities.
- Master’s degree
- 2-4 years’ work experience in engagement or activities coordination on a college/university campus
- Familiarity with Boston-area college and university programming
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of desktop publishing and blog programs.
The Red Sox are looking to grow their staff of Japanese-speaking tour guides given the demand for their business in the market. They are seeking candidates who are bilingual in Japanese and English and who have a penchant for public speaking in front of large groups. This is a part time role with an hourly pay rate of $10/hr. There are no benefits associated with this position.
JOB TITLE: Fenway Park Tour Guide
REPORTS TO: Director, Fenway Park Tours and Event Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
Fenway Park Tour Guides are responsible for leading tours of historic Fenway Park. Tours operate seven days a week, 9 a.m. — 6 p.m. with extended hours during the holiday season.
• Responsible for providing approximately one-hour long tours of Fenway Park.
• Work various tour customer information locations within and around the ballpark.
• Answer inbound calls to Tour department.
• Respond to e-mail and voicemail inquiries about the Tour department.
• Assist in booking Group Tour reservations.
• Assist with other administrative duties as they arise.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have experience in speaking to large groups.
• Must exhibit an enthusiastic and engaging demeanor.
• Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
• Professional in appearance and conduct.
• Expected to multi-task and retain information quickly.
• Weekend, evening and holiday availability is required.
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to hr [at] redsox [dot] com.
Coming this October, the Los Angeles Career Forum: an event for Japanese-English bilingual candidates with many top companies attending. A minimum of conversational level Japanese and English is required to attend the event.
Abstract from the organizers:
We expect it to be a really wonderful event with an intimate atmosphere and will also be having a webinar to help attendees prepare and a network reception to connect with fellow jobseekers. Companies will be hiring for jobs in Japan and elsewhere, so it will also be a great opportunity for JET alumni interested in going back to Japan.
What: Los Angeles Career Forum 2014
When: October 4 (Sat.) & 5 (Sun.)
Where: Loews Hollywood Hotel
*No cost to register or attend
*Travel scholarships available. Follow the link for details: http://www.careerforum.net/event/la/scholarship.asp?lang=E
There are already 18 companies signed up to participate including ERNST & YOUNG, HILTON GRAND VACATIONS, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC, OKINAWA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, and RAKUTEN.
ADZ Group is looking for Trip Leaders for their Future Global Leaders Programs this November. They have hired many JET Alumni in the past, and it is a great opportunity to interact with Japanese students again.
November 7-15, 2014: Looking to hire 1 Trip Leader for this program. Person must already be located in the Boston area.
November 30-December 4: Looking to hire 6 Trip Leaders for this program in Boston. Will welcome a few candidates from other cities for this program as they can stay in the hotel during the program; however, will not provide compensation for candidates to get to Boston for the program.
Full details: http://www.adzgroup.net/content/careers
Future Global Leaders Program – Trip Leader
Multiple positions available for Fall 2014
If you are highly self-motivated, passionate about intercultural experiences and an independent worker this position is for you. Individuals who are attracted to making a notable difference in people’s lives around the world would really enjoy this role.
The FGLP Trip Leader is responsible for the overall quality and execution of the Program. You will be a teacher, mentor and friend to the students while coordinating with other Trip Leaders as appropriate. This role is similar to, though broader than, a camp counselor. The Trip Leader plays a major role in student life. Following the detailed and pre-arranged Program itinerary provided, Trip Leaders lead students on excursions. You will have responsibility for the overall Program execution, the quality of the Program and students’ satisfaction.
This role is for the Program duration and usually requires the candidate to live in the hotel or dormitory with the students and to have most or all meals with the participants. Prior to a Program there will be approximately 5 hours of preparatory work which can mostly be done on your own schedule and there will be approximately 2-3 hours of administrative work after completion of each Program.
· Teach about American culture and help to make every moment a learning moment
· Lead discussions in a relaxed setting daily for approximately 2 hours
· Supervise activities and chaperone
· Ensure that every student is safe, both physically and emotionally
· Suggest Program improvements wherever possible
· Any other tasks necessary for the successful operation of the Program
· High level of energy
· Excellent interpersonal and good organizational skills
· Highly reliable and able to work independently after initial training
· Interest in education and international culture are important
· Speak, read and write fluent English
· Must be over 18 and able to legally work in the United States without work visa assistance
· First aid certification, teaching experience and the ability to speak an Asian language are bonuses, but not requirements
· University degree in any subject is strongly preferred
Compensation for this position depends upon the specific details of each Programs and your skills and experience.
We fill positions as we identify qualified candidates and so encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume for this position to staff[at]adzgroup.net. You may also submit questions to that email address. No phone calls please.
Only individuals should apply. Recruiters please do not contact us and please do not contact us about other services or products. Submissions received from search firms and recruitment agencies are considered unsolicited and will be kept as Adz Group’s property or deleted as appropriate unless a contractual obligation exists between Adz Group and an agency prior to submission.